(Thank you to iu for the snazzy graphics!)
Welcome to Gamer of the Week!
Hosted by MOD-eggyolk and MOD-bubbles!
Welcome back, Booners! GOTW stands for Gamer of the Week, which rewards the top events players of the past seven days. For every hotel alerted event that you win, you will be awarded 1 GOTW point. Double GOTW points are in effect from Friday 23:59 GMT, until Sunday when the leaderboard is reset. You can keep track of the number of GOTW points you have accumulated per week by looking at the top right hand corner of your screen. At the end of the week, these points are added up and the top three win a groovy badge! We hope you are all excited and ready, and may the best Booners win!
To help new events players out, we've created a compilation of all the games and rules that can be hosted during events. Whether you're a newbie or looking to refresh your memory, check it out by clicking here!
Congratulations to the top three events players this week!
Here are the results:
vein with 38 points!
ralph with 34 points!
spit with 17 points!
In the event of a tie, the tied players are placed into a random generator to determine the winner.
This week's winners also get to choose one of these funky badges!
Please find MOD-eggyolk or MOD-bubbles in-game to receive your badge. (Winners have one week to claim their prize.)
A big thank you to those of you who hosted and played events this week!
(Please note: if you place in the top three this week, you will not be able to place in next week's article.)
And in case you need a refresh on the rules, here they are!
If you are playing, here are a few things to take note:
• The use of autotypers, keyboard shortcuts (such as Skeys) or any other third party software to gain advantage in events will result in you being removed from the game. Continued use will result in a strike.
• Do not intentionally team with other players in order to gain advantage for yourself or someone else. This includes:
• Sharing answers with other players
• Leaving events purposely with the intention to let your friends win
• Excluding people in "last to"s, or disregarding the results of a "last to" in order to keep your friend in the game
• Any other activity used to give others an unfair advantage in events
This is known as teaming and if this occurs, you will NOT be able to place in the top three for that week. Any instance of teaming will result in you and other members involved receiving a strike.
The strike system for players is as follows:
Strike 1: Users will not be able to place in the article for the corresponding week.
Strike 2: Users will not be able to receive GOTW points.
Strike 3: Users will not be allowed to play any staff alerted events for the rest of the week.
Please also keep in mind that events are meant to be fun for everyone! This means being respectful to both the host and other players. Continued bad behaviour towards other users in events will result in a strike.
If you are hosting, here are a few things to take note:
• Please ensure that your events room is fully functional (e.g games have been wired properly, other users do not have rights in your events room etc).
• The minimum hosting time is 30 minutes and the maximum is 1 hour. For each 30 minutes that you host, you will receive 1 GOTW point. These will be given after you have hosted providing that you do NOT get striked as a host by the end.
• You cannot host events immediately after hosting, meaning that another player must host before you are able to host again.
• Should you happen to disconnect whilst hosting, you will have 5 minutes to return.
• Ensure that you sufficiently explain the rules of each game before hosting them.
• You are not allowed to rig events for certain users to win.
• You are not allowed to kick (without staff permission), ban or mute users.
• Above all, ensure that everything remains FAIR for all players.
• Should you fail to comply to these rules, you will receive one strike. One strike will last for a month. In the case you receive three strikes, you will not be able to host again until the first strike has been removed.
For all GOTW rules and FAQs, click here!
If you have any further questions, please contact MOD-eggyolk or MOD-bubbles in-game or on Discord!
(eggyolk#9289 or bubbles#6484)
Good luck, and see you again next week!